Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dieting is expensive and dangerous!

Well now that I am shopping for my son so he can have healthy nutritious food because he is on a diet I open up my Skinny in the City website/blog/email and it is all about
DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR SALMON COMES FROM?

Guess what I made my family for dinner?  Yummy Yummy Salmon.  Yup, what are the chances of that?  And it wasn't cheap.  When you aren't working and you want to diet it is challenging.  You can't lose weight eating pasta and pizza. 
Now I have been on a diet for the past 2 weeks.  The F-Factor (does not stand for Fuck but Fiber)
I have been comfortable spending the money on the GG Crackers ($2.99 for 6 crackers)  but if I am going to feed my boys well and they eat a alot you have to buy things like:
Jicama-delicious and very pricey!
Red Peppers-Green are gross
Cucumbers-$.79 each
Cauliflower 2 for $5 dollars (not bad)
Salmon-$7.99 or something per pound at BJ's so it definitely is contaminated fish, I mean I can't even imagine what it would cost at Whole Foods.

and it goes on and on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment