Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Walmart v. Target

Okay, so this economy is taking its toll on all of us.  At least I hope it is all of us and I am not the only one who is actually looking at what milk costs and thinking can I get it cheaper?  At least I am not shopping around for gasoline.  That might mean I have hit rock bottom and I haven't gone there yet. 

You know you can get great jeans for your kids at Walmart and they are only $9.  Who knew?  Just think if I had been shopping all along at Walmart I might have so much more in my savings account.  My middle son is so flexible.  He doesn't know or care if his jeans cost $9.  My older son has had to be convinced that shopping at TJ Maxx doesn't mean that we are poor, just smart. 

You see I am a Target shopper. I shopped at Target when we lived in California.  I was so excited when they arrived in our town.  The isles are wider, it has always been fun to go shopping there and buy some things that I need and some that I don't.    In retrospect the Target shoppers are the stupid ones.  Walmart shoppers know that a congested store with narrow isles means savings in the wallet. 

My little one started eating Slim Jims.  When he first told me this the only place I could think of to buy them was at a gas station.  Guess what?  They sell them at Walmart.  They aren't that cheap. A Slim Jim Slim is $1.00.   On the receipt it says they are meat.  Well that is good because we haven't been serving much meat here lately.  I mean we have it, but we have chicken almost every night.  If I do make red meat my people usually have a problem with it.  I am not really a cook.

Anyway Target, for now, will have to be reserved for special occasions, like taking my son Sam there for  their chicken fingers with extra BBQ sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment